Monday, July 4, 2011

Design Wall Monday, July 4, 2011

I've been really sporadic with my Design Wall posts (and indeed with any posts at all) lately, but I'm hoping to both sew and post more consistently going forward.

Today on my design wall there are blocks from a number of years back. They're for a sampler based on the novel The Body in the Kelp, by Katherine Hall Page. There's a sampler quilt in the book, which leads to various clues. So one segment of the Weathervane block, the Crossroads block, and the Winding Ways block are all a bit different. That's not a mistake, that's done because in the novel, the quilt has those differences. There is a mistake, though, in the Apple Tree block. Second one in, in the third row. The top right corner has two large HST units that need turned 180 degrees. I've looked at these blocks dozens of times in the years since 2001 when I made them, and never noticed it until now -- Grrrrr! So I'll be fixing that, and adding sashing and borders.



Thanks for coming by to play. Come back again soon. Stop by Judy's blog, to see what other folks have up this week.

4 comments:

  1. What interesting blocks. You've got me curious now. I'm going to have to take a look at this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sampler quilt. I like how you have bordered each block with different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I have to go find a copy of that book! I'm glad you found the real mistake before you got as far as the sashing, that would have been disappointing to have to rip out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool blocks. Glad you looked at it one more time ;-)

    ReplyDelete