Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rest in Peace, Sweet Miss Puss

This is Miss Puss. She became part of our family in September of 2008, when she was about a year and a half old.



In April, we noticed that she was losing weight. We took her to the vet, who diagnosed her as being in renal failure. We gave her special food, and subcutaneous fluids, and tried to extend her life as long as possible while keeping her comfortable and happy. She seemed to be doing better for a while, but then she continued to lose weight, and became unsteady on her feet, and it was clear it was time to let her go. On July 16, I took her to the vet to have her euthanized. My DH and I both still miss her terribly, but I know we gave her a good life while she was with us. I just wish she had been with us a lot longer.

Rest in Peace, sweet kitty. We love and miss you.

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment