Thursday, September 29, 2011

Retreat Progress, Days 2 & 3

On Tuesday, I woke up with a headache that just never really went away. As a result, I was kinda sluggish all day, and not as productive as I'd have hoped. I got the blocks made for a Yellow Brick Road, and will probably sew that top together today. I'll post a picture when that top is finished. I also started adding borders to some other tops, but haven't finished up that process. Then, I also started framing some stitchery blocks I did quite some time ago.

On Wednesday, I finished the quilt top made with those stitchery blocks. All the blocks have little sayings about chocolate, like "Equal Parts of Light and Dark Chocolate Make a Balanced Diet," and "WARNING: Chocoholic in Residence," just to give a couple of examples. Here's how the top turned out:



It's about 65" square. I'm really liking how this turned out.

Today, I'm making strip sets for another top, and going back to those borders on those other tops. I'd also like to get that YBR assembled. More pictures and a progress update later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! Where do you plan on hanging it? The wall in front of my sewing machine is bare...

    HEE!

    Seriously, I can't wait to see it up at your house!

    ReplyDelete