Sunday, October 2, 2011

Retreat Progress Days 5 & 6

Well, on Friday I started to think I was coming down with a cold. I was sneezy, blowing my nose a lot, coughing, and my throat was quite sore. I wasn't nearly as productive as I had been earlier, but I did get all the strip sets made for a Strip Club project from some years back called "Triple Chain," but couldn't make the blocks, because I came away without the rectangles of background fabric. But, the strip sets are all made, some of them are already cut into segments, and the rest are ready to be cut.

Then, I've already shown this top, which I put together earlier in the week:But, when I posted the blocks earlier, I said I'd take closeup pictures of them. So I did that for you now. And here they all are, for your perusal:
















By Saturday, it was completely obvious that I did, indeed, have a cold. I didn't do any sewing at all that day, but knitted a bit, and mostly just chatted and hung out with everyone. The last day is always a bit sad. We'll head for home today just after lunch. It's been a lot of fun, and I've gotten a lot done, but I'll be really glad to be home with my kitties and sleeping in my own bed again!

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Love the chocolate comments! Made me smile!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete