Monday, November 12, 2012

The Rest of the Garden Patch Cats (so far!)

Sue sent me kits for blocks 1-6 and 8 in July, in time for me to take them on my retreat.  Later, some time in August, she sent me kits for block 7 and blocks 9-23.  I got all the tracing and fusing done at my September retreat, and started the zigzag stitching around them.  I was "batching" colors, so I didn't have to change threads so often.  So instead of stitching all of one block and then moving on to the next, I did all the (for example) dark green on any blocks that needed it, then moved on to all the (again, as an example) dark brown, and so on.  I left the black for last, since it was just the pupil in each kitty's eye.  So when I got to the black, I knew I was on the home stretch!  I left retreat with one block all stitched except for the black, and bits of a number of the other blocks stitched.  Then I kept trying to find the time and space to work on them, but it wasn't working out too well.  Finally, last weekend I got them finished, and sent off to Sue.  She let me know that they've arrived, and that she thinks they're pretty cute.  I'm glad she's happy with them.  I've had fun working on them, and look forward to doing the others that will be coming out.  Enough of that, here are the pictures of the rest of the blocks I did!

Block Seven is Caulipuss:
CauliPuss

Block Nine is Gourdo Gato:
GourdoGato

Block Ten is Eggplant Purr-mesan (I love these block names!):
EggplantPurr-mesan

Block Eleven is Yammy Cat:
YammyCat

Block Twelve is Mushkit:
Mushkit

Block Thirteen is Broc-Kitty:
Broc-Kitty

Block Fourteen is Catus Romanus:
CatusRomanus
I think this might be my favorite block so far -- it's one of my favorites, for sure!

Block Fifteen is Pickle Puss:
PicklePuss
I'm not so crazy about this block, but maybe that's just me...

Block Sixteen is Pepper Puss:
PepperPuss
This background is probably a bit too dark and busy, but I can work with it.  If I make the block again, I'll put it on a somewhat lighter fabric, though.

Block Seventeen is Purr-simmon:
Purr-Simmon

Block Eighteen is Brussels Cat:
BrusselsKitty

Block Nineteen is Banana Cat:
BananaCat
The background for this block may be a little too light, but I think I can make it work in a finished project.

Block Twenty is Cobby Cat:
CobbyCat

Block Twenty-One is Concord Kitties:
ConcordKitties
Purple is so hard to photograph accurately!  The background here is a sage green, IRL.

Block Twenty Two in Le Arti-Chat:
LeArti-Chat

Aaaaaaand,
Block Twenty Three, and the last one I've done, is Tater Puss:
TaterPuss

There's at least one more pattern that's been released, and there are supposed to be more to come, so I'll share the rest as I do them ;-)

Thanks for coming by to play!  Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment