Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Knit Something Besides Socks!

My feet weren't the only things that have been cold lately. My hands are always cold of late, as well. So I made my first pair of fingerless mitts. Here's the first one, on my hand:

The color is really off in this picture, it's a lovely gray/green/blue colorway called "Loch Ness." Not nearly as dreary gray as the picture makes it look. Here's the pair:


DH liked them, and I'd been promising him a pair of fingerless mitts as well, so I gave him these. Then I immediately cast on a new pair in the same yarn for myself:
This picture shows the color somewhat better, but it's still not completely accurate. The second pair, I made longer by one pattern repeat, and I went down a needle size to get a slightly firmer fabric. I love these, and love the longer arm length -- I often get a breeze up my coat sleeves, and these will help with that tremendously. Then, because these were for a KAL (Knit Along) in one of my groups on Ravelry, I took a picture of both pairs together, just to show there really are two pairs. Mine are on the sock blocker legs, and DH's are on water bottles:

These were fun and quick to knit, and I'll most likely be making some more mittens and gloves, and a cowl and a hat for me are also on the agenda.

This evening I'm attending a performance of "Scrooge" at a local church. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with it. For now, back to packing and organizing. This move seems to be interminable.

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment