Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moving = MIA Blogger

Well, there's been a lot going on here, but not much of it's been crafty. DH ended up in the emergency room with some chest pain the Tuesday night before I was supposed to leave for my retreat last month, and they admitted him to do some testing, so I decided not to go to my retreat after all. Sad, but I was where I needed to be.

Then, we've decided (some time ago, actually) to decrease our financial footprint here, since we still own (and are paying the mortgage on) the house in Ohio. Our rent currently is about 2.5 times our mortgage payment, and we decided that was a bit too much outlay every month. Plus, the house we're renting here is really poorly insulated, and has the whole back wall of windows, so the house is constantly cold, and our utility bills are pretty crazy. So we've found a larg(ish) apartment, and we're in the process of moving there. Some of the stuff from the house here will go to the apartment, and some will go back to Ohio, so we're doing the move piecemeal. We've got until mid-January to be out of the rental house, but we're thinking we may see if we can extend that to the end of January, just to give us a bit more wiggle room.

On a crafty note, here are the "Stashbuster" socks I made for DH, with leftovers from other completed socks.




I finished them on November 2, but never remembered to post here. The cool thing is that, when he's got his shoes on, no one can tell he's not wearing plain navy socks.

I've got some other things to share, but I'll do that in more posts later this week. I'm still trying to finish up a few quilts before the end of the year, but the moving stuff has got to get first priority. Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment