Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not the best way to bring in the New Year



We've been dealing with a "stomach bug" at our house. It started the last couple days of last year, and followed us into this year. We're both feeling better now, but it's thrown a kink into how we'd intended to start the year off.


I haven't done any sewing in over a week, but I have been doing a bit of knitting. I got these socks started shortly after midnight on January first, and finished them last evening. They're my first finished socks for the Year of Stash Socks group on Ravelry.






As I was working on them, DH admired them, so I asked him if he'd like them. He said yes, so now they're his. He's really happy with them. And you may notice that the stripe sequences don't fall in the same place on each sock -- my preference is to let them fall where they may, because I enjoy the slight quirkiness of having matching but mismatched socks. In case you're curious, here's what the yarn looked like in the ball.






Today I'm hoping to finish up something that's been a UFO for far too long. I'll show that tomorrow, if I do finish it.

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THEM! They are definitely for happy feet!

    ReplyDelete