First is one that's an adaptation of a pattern from a book called "Angels" by Jan Patek. Her quilt was called, I believe, "Archangel." I just call this one Folk Art Angels. It's large -- 82"x104".
Next is a quilt, called "Puzzler" from Maple Island Quilts. This one is about twin size, at 59"x91". It's for my husband, because he likes bright colors and tropical fish.
The pattern tells you to randomly applique the triangle offcuts from making those half-flying geese units onto the quilt top. I didn't want to do that, so I pieced the triangles together and made a strip that gave me the extra width I needed for the backing.
Here's a quilt I did as a mystery. This one was Mystery #6 from Webequilts. I love the fabrics in this, and am really happy with how it turned out. It's a great size, too, at 78"x88".
Finally is this really big quilt. This was also done as a mystery, but it's a pattern called "Confetti Stars," and I think it's by Terry Atkinson. I don't see that it's on her website now, unfortunately. There's a funny story about this one. The instructor had made her sample in Thimbleberries fabrics. I made mine from scraps and FQs that I pulled in pinks/burgundies, greens, and blues, and used a hand-dyed gold for the stars. She was looking at everyone's fabric selections, and when she saw mine, she said "oh, Lydia, you're using those brights." Ummmmm, yeah, brights. I've got some Thimbleberries, some Jinny Beyer, and other fabrics in there, but none of them are what I'd call "bright." As a result, this quilt has a name! I don't very often name my quilts, but sometimes a name just "attaches" itself to a particular quilt, and that has definitely happened here. This quilt will always and forever be known as "Bright Confetti Stars." It's really big, at 96" square.
Tomorrow I'll show the tops I got finished at retreat, assuming I can get pictures of the last two.
Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again any time.