Friday, March 4, 2011

Sadly Neglected

I've sadly neglected my poor blog for some time now. I can't even say what I've been doing instead for most of that time, I just haven't been posting.


I do have a couple of recent finishes to share. First is a wallhanging that was made from a stocking panel -- I cut out the stocking shape and appliqued it to the background, added a border, and did a little bit of quilting just to hold everything in place. It measures about 18" by 28". This will be going to my parents, so I'll put their last name on the top band of the stocking before I send it off.















Next (seems to be a Christmas theme developing, but it's not on purpose) is a quilt from a Thimbleberries pattern. The pattern was actually for a tree skirt, but I don't need a quilted tree skirt, since I already have one. So I made one extra pieced block for the center, instead of making that a solid green square as the pattern directed. This one is about 60" square. Just ignore my husband's feet and the step stool -- at some point I'll learn how to edit photos, but for now, this is how this one is.




Finally, this is a big one -- between a twin and a double size. It's a pattern called "Sassy Sixteen" by Kimberly Camou. I added the sashing to break up all the busy-ness of that fabric line, and didn't do the pieced squares border that the pattern called for, for the same reason. I really like this one!






I just got back from a retreat yesterday -- we were there from Monday afternoon through just after lunch yesterday, and I got a LOT more stuff done. I have to take pictures, but I'll be sharing that stuff soon. This is enough for one post, I think ;-)


Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment