Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So, What Have I Been Doing?

I came home from my retreat a week ago last Sunday, with the start of a cold coming on. By Tuesday it had become a raging bronchitis, and I started antibiotics. Then I apparently became allergic to that antibiotic -- Saturday evening I started breaking out in hives. I kept getting new eruptions, all the way until yesterday, in spite of the fact that I stopped taking that antibiotic as soon as I realized what was happening. It hasn't been a lot of fun to be me for the last 10 days.

Today, though, was full of goodness. I don't really have any itching to speak of, and my Knit Picks order arrived. I had to order more needles so I can cast on some more socks -- for waiting room and other "away-from-home" knitting times, I need to have socks that are in a straightaway, so I don't have to refer to a pattern. So I need to get some more toes done, so I have more mindless knitting ready to go.

One of the other things in my order was this sock blocker keychain:

Isn't it cute? I was supposed to go to Knit Night this evening, but the weather was too foul to go out anywhere. So instead, I made a sock for it:

Now it's properly dressed:



I've also been making some progress on some other knitting projects. I don't have any other finishes, but I'm moving some things along a bit.

I think by tomorrow I'll feel like doing a bit of sewing. I have to make a trip to Ohio this weekend, but I'll be back Sunday or Monday, depending on whether I go on Friday or Saturday. In the meantime, I think I'll go back to my knitting.

Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment