Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sock Project Bags

Last night I was playing around a bit with some of my decorator fabric samples I was given a while back. If you didn't see that post, you can read it here. I've wanted to use some of them to make some project bags for carrying around a pair of socks in progress. I had some muslin around that I used to line it, and bought the cording at Hancock Fabrics when it was on sale, so I'm out of pocket very little for this, and it's already being put to use, as you can see. This was the first one I made:

And here is the second one, with a few differences in how it went together:

And the third one, from a different sized fabric piece, so the bag turned out a different size:

That pair of socks in progress just had to get into the act, and model with each bag in turn. I have lots of sock projects on the needles, and I have lots more fabric samples to play with, so I'm quite sure that there will be more of these little bags in my future! It sure looks better and is a lot more fun to carry than the gallon ziploc bags I've been using. I still need to fine-tune the design some more, and I really should have added one or two pockets to the inside of these. So as I figure out more of what I'd like in a project bag, I'll make more prototypes. Eventually, I'll no doubt come up with the perfect project bag design. Well, perfect for me, at least. Now I'm going back to my quilting for the rest of retreat.

Thanks for coming by to play. Come back again any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment