Saturday, April 9, 2011

More Spring UFO Club Candidates

Here are some more of the UFOs I hope to complete this quarter, as part of the Quilters Knitting Spring UFO Club on Ravelry. Wish me luck!

First is a wallhanging from a class I took last fall at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Kansas City, from Debbie Kratovil. It's a pattern called "Diadem," and I have to sew the pieced corners (which are all made, even though I only have a few in the photo) to the floral squares, then assemble the top, add borders, quilt and bind it. According to the pattern, it will finish at 40" square.



This is a small Christmas Bowtie quilt. It measures 13"x16-1/2" and the bowtie blocks are 3" square. This just needs quilted and bound, and a sleeve added of course. I made this in the winter of 2006-2007, when we were relocating to Missouri and I was in the hotel while DH was working, and didn't have a lot to do. It was productive sewing time for me then, but for some reason I never went ahead and finished it all the way.

This picture was just me trying to be a little bit funny. This is what's done so far on Triple Chain, which was a Strip Club project I got from A Piece in Time. All the strip sets have been sewn, and a few have been pressed, but none have been cross-cut into segments yet. This is totally scrappy, and I believe it's going to finish to queen size. I'll probably keep this one, though I'm not sure yet.
This is another mini quilt. This was the result of a class at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo, though I don't remember for sure what year. I'm thinking it may have been 2006 or 2007, and I think that year I attended the show in Cleveland, OH. But I'm not positive about either of those things. When this is finished, it will end up belonging to one of my teddy bears. I collect teddy bears, or I did -- I feel like I have enough, now. Anyway, I've decided that all my bears need to have a quilt or an afghan (which others might call a dishcloth) of their own. This one measures 16"x20-1/4" and also just needs to be quilted and bound and have a sleeve added.
This was another class project from the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Kansas City in October 2010. This was another class with Debbie Kratovil, who is creating the patterns for the Gee's Bend quilts for Wyndham Fabrics. This class, though, was Improvisational Quilts. So, in the style of the Gee's Bend quilts, but not following a pattern. We learned some techniques and just played around. These are the units I've got so far -- the smaller ones still need to grow some, and I'll need to make some more units. This is just for fun, and will probably end up being either a wallhanging or a quilt for one of my large bears. Probably not big enough for a human to cover up in it, in other words.

That's this batch of projects, pictures and stories. More to come, today and tomorrow, and probably spilling into Monday.

Thanks for coming by to play. Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment