Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring UFO Club

The Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry is doing a challenge every quarter of this year, to motivate and support each other as we all work on our UFOs. As a part of that, I needed to make a list of the UFOs I want/plan to complete between April and June. I've erred on the side of caution, and included a lot more than I had to. We had to list at least 5, but I've more than quintupled that amount on my list. I'll share pictures and some info in a series of posts.

This first one is a Colorwash Trip Around the World wallhanging. It measures 39"x42" and just needs to be quilted and bound. I did this in a class at a sewing machine dealer in North Olmsted, Ohio -- there were six of us who often sewed together and who all took this class together. One of the group bought the fabric and made each of us a kit, except for the inner border fabrics. So there are five others who have a similar project with the same fabrics, except they all did the heart version, and I did the Trip Around the World version. I'd like to get this one finished for my mom for Mother's Day this year.
This was a mystery design from Creations Sew Clever, called "Sedona Stones." This is about a double bed size, at 85"x95". It's hard to see the fabrics in this one, but they're sort of Victorian or shabby chic, pink roses and a grayish green accent. I'd like to finish this one for my aunt, for her birthday in late June. I don't know why, but at some point it just occurred to me that she might like it. She's a quilter, too -- the only other one in my family.

This was a design that was created by Sandy Heminger of A Piece in Time for the summer "picnic" mystery for the Quilt Sitters Circle in the summer of 2004. This is huge, at 95"x108". This one will be for me, whenever it's finished. I just love this design -- there were so many different fabric choices, and every one of them looked good in this design. I love the woven effect.

This is a Thimbleberries pattern called "Jacket Plaid." It's in two books, one of which is North Bay Christmas. I don't recall what the other book is, but I think it's something like Cozy Cabin Quilts, perhaps. This one is also quite large, at 87"x96". This one will also be for me, unless some other worthy recipient expresses an interest.

This is further along than this now -- it's a completed top with borders, and I have the binding made and a backing fabric pulled and batting cut. This is another Thimbleberries pattern, sort of. In the book North Bay Christmas, there's a pattern for a table runner, called "December Stars." It's only three blocks. I don't really use table runners, and decided I wanted a quilt instead, so I made twelve blocks. I also changed the colors from two greens and a gold to burgundy, gold and brown. As a result, I've taken to calling my version "November Stars," since it's much more autumn-y than Christmas-y. I'll post a picture of the completed top in another one of these posts, and I'll share the measurements then.


That's the first batch! More to come. Thanks for stopping by to play. Come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment