So the other day I finally got around to a couple of "chores" that I'd been meaning to do for a while. In February, I bought these two pairs of earrings that are made from flatware handles. But they were on fishhook wires, which I don't care for. Also, just in briefly wearing them over the weekend when I bought them, one of each pair came off the wire. So I had to either reaffix them to the fishhook wires, or do what I did, which was to change the findings to leverbacks, which I much prefer. Now I can actually wear them ;-)
Then I had some earrings I'd made last fall, when my mother and I were at a Crafty Creations Weekend at Trout Lodge (a YMCA of the Ozarks facility near Potosi, MO). But they didn't have roundnose pliers, only needlenose, and I didn't think I could make nice loops that way, so I just put the beads on eye pins and brought them home that way. I haven't gotten around to actually finishing them, so while I had the findings and tools out to fix those other earrings, I decided to finish these as well. Now they're ready for their close-up, Mr. DeMille.
Yes, there's a bit of a blue and green thing going on -- that's mostly all I wear, and they're my favorite colors generally, so of course those are the beads I'd be drawn to. More additions to my earring wardrobe.